National Minimum Wage rates change from 1st October.
Changes to National Minimum Wage rates take effect from 1st October 2015 as follows:
- The standard adult rate (for workers aged 21 and over) increases to £6.70.
- The development rate (for workers aged between 18 and 20) increases to £5.30.
- The young workers rate (for workers aged under 18 but above the compulsory school age and who are not apprentices) increases to £3.87.
- The rate for apprentices under 19, or 19 or over on their first year of apprenticeship, increases to £3.30.
- The accommodation offset also increases to £5.35 per day.
It is important to note that these rates, which come into force 1 October 2015, apply to pay reference periods beginning on or after that date.